At United Way of Southeast Mississippi, we fight for quality education for every individual in every community of Forrest, Lamar, Perry and Marion counties. Improving education is part of our mission. We believe the future success of an individual starts with a quality education.
We fight for:
- Kindergarten Readiness | United, we work to ensure every child is ready to learn the first day of kindergarten.
- Grade-Level Appropriateness | Together, we prepare every student to be able to read on grade-level by third grade.
- High School Graduation | Hand in hand, we push every student to reach their potential to graduate and look forward to a successful future.
This level of impact can not be done alone. We work with the game-changers and the hand-raisers to create better education opportunities for everyone, regardless of financial situations. Change does not happen overnight, nor can it happen with one solution. At United Way SEMS, we implement several initiatives to complement and extend the work of our partner agencies.
Our education initiatives include:
- Grade-Level Reading Campaign Membership
- Attendance Awareness
- Born Learning Trails
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Community Baby Shower
Agency Partners working this area include: