WHO WE ARE
Volunteer Southeast Mississippi (VSEMS), formerly Volunteer Hattiesburg, is a service of United Way of Southeast Mississippi. As United Way's volunteer center, VSEMS serves as a liaison between community volunteers and nonprofit partners to assist with strategic community outreach efforts. VSEMS serves Forrest, Lamar, Marion, Perry, Jones, Wayne, and Greene counties.
WHAT WE DO
We help individuals and groups find volunteer opportunities that match their interests and/or skills while helping local nonprofits recruit volunteers. Essentially, we enable volunteers to get involved in their communities. Meanwhile, nonprofits can utilize VSEMS to connect with people, know-how, and the resources they need to create positive change.
Get Connected serves as an online platform where individuals looking to volunteer and organizations needing an extra hand can meet in the middle. This site enables organizations within our community to easily promote opportunities, needs, and events. Volunteers can then browse existing needs and register for service opportunities that match their own interests. Get Connected also generates reports on all volunteer data to capture the impact of volunteerism within our service area.
GETTING STARTED WITH GET CONNECTED
Select the tab below that best fits you for steps on how to Get Connected.
- Click here to access the Volunteer Registration page.
- Follow the prompts to create your personalized account.
- That's it! You can now browse volunteer needs and events, sign up for opportunities, and track service hours.
- Contact us for support, questions, or additional information.
If you've already created an account, click here to log-in.
- Click here to access the Agency Registration page.
- Follow the prompts to create an account for your organization.
- Once you feel comfortable with agency site management, you can begin recruiting volunteers by posting needs and events.
- Contact us for support, questions, or additional information regarding agency management information.
If you've already created your agency page, click here to log-in.