DISASTER RELIEF & RECOVERY GRANT APPLICATION
Purpose: United Way of Southeast Mississippi Disaster Relief & Recovery Grants provide supplement funding to a non-profit or not-for-profit entity serving Forrest, Lamar, Perry, and Marion counties immediately following a widespread disaster such as a hurricane, tornado, flood, pandemic or act of terrorism. Requests will be considered from organizations in pressing need of funds caused by unanticipated or non-budgeted costs for which there are no other resources or for which available resources, both in-kind and monetary, have been inadequate to meet those costs. Applicants must be actively responding to immediate human needs by providing and managing the distribution of services such as shelter, food, clothing, supplies, transportation, debris removal, mud-outs, and housing.
Procedure: It is the responsibility of the submitting organization to ensure the application is received by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, May 19, 2017. Requests will be evaluated, award amounts determined and approved by the United Way of Southeast Mississippi Board of Directors. Applicants must answer questions in the space provided. Requests for personnel costs will not be considered.
Required Attachments: If your organization is not currently receiving funds from United Way of Southeast Mississippi, please attach the following items to your application:
- One copy of your IRS determination letter certifying your organization is not-for-profit
- Most recent Board of Directors or Church officers/trustees list including professional affiliations and contact information
A final report including totals of elements listed below will be due no later than three months after grant is issued:
- Dates of service provision (i.e. February 1st through 7th, 2017);
- Number of persons/clients reached during specified time period;
- Units of service provided (i.e. number of food boxes, prescriptions, counseling sessions, meals served, vouchers, etc.);
- Total United Way of Southeast Mississippi Disaster Relief & Recovery Funds spent on services funded in the award;
- Total funds from other sources spent on services provided within the scope of this grant.
Applications should be addressed to "Disaster Relief & Recovery Grant" and submitted through the following methods:
United Way of Southeast Mississippi
P.O. Box 1648
Hattiesburg, MS 39403
Hand delivered to United Way office:
210 W. Front St. Ste. 400
Hattiesburg, MS 39401