Don’t pay to file your taxes.
If your household earned less than $66,000 in 2018, you can file both your federal and state returns for free using MyFreeTaxes.com. This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way has made it available to over 100 million U.S. taxpayers as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
“Free” doesn’t always mean free.
Some “free” tax preparation products only offer federal (not state) filings, or charge extra for anything beyond the most basic forms. MyFreeTaxes is completely free for individuals and families who earned less than $66,000 in 2018 — whether you file in multiple states, work freelance, have a side gig, or earn investment income.
Filers that use MyFreeTaxes are guaranteed to receive their maximum refund.
- Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
- MyFreeTaxes has saved users $180 million dollars in filing fees since 2009.
- The software screens for refund and credit eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC), to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund.
- Whether you’re a freelancer, an independent contractor, or have a side-job, MyFreeTaxes ensures you get every dollar you deserve.
- MyFreeTaxes offers specialized forms for self-employed filers.