United Way of Southeast Mississippi offers small initiative grants (up to $5,000) to nonprofit organizations or community groups conducting projects to benefit a nonprofit organization in Forrest, Lamar, Marion or Perry county. These funds are restricted to one-time expenses or short-term projects and not designed for ongoing program expenses, event sponsorship, or capital campaigns. Applications will be reviewed by the Community Impact Executive Committee at the end of each quarter (June, September, December and March).
Requirements & Eligibility
- Projects must align with the mission of United Way SEMS by addressing a need in education, health or economic mobility. Priority will be given to projects addressing needs directly related to United Way of Southeast Mississippi's goals.
- Requests must serve a population located within Forrest, Lamar, Marion and/or Perry counties.
- Proposed projects must benefit a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Funds must be used within 12 months of receipt of grant.
- All grant recipients must provide a status report within 6 months of grant receipt and a final impact report at the end of the 12 month grant cycle.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks.
- A nonprofit organization will only receive one approved grant per fiscal year (April-March).
For any questions, contact Amy Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-475-0218.
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission.
LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)