HATTIESBURG, MISS. – United Way of Southeast Mississippi has announced Jaclyn Baylis, Vice President & Relationship Banker at Citizens National Bank in Hattiesburg, Jaclyn Baylis, as its 2023-24 board chair.
United Way also added three new board members who began their three-year terms on April 1:
- Cher Harvey, Vice-President of Finance, Jones Corporate Resources
- Kevin Morris, CPA, Wright Morris PLLC
- Tyler E. Lofton, Vice-President, Consumer Banking Manager, Regions
Baylis has previously served United Way as the Resource Development Committee Chair and as a chair of the Community Impact Committee. She replaces Chase Blankenship, Pine Belt Division Manager at The First, whose term as board chair ended March 31. Blankenship remains a member of the Board of Directors as past board chair and will continue to serve on the Executive Committee.
"I am truly honored to serve as the United Way of Southeast Mississippi Board Chair this year. I've been involved with United Way for 17 years, trust me when I say United Way and its Partner Agencies are making an incredible difference in the lives of many. As a board member, I've seen dedicated business owners and community influencers on our Board of Directors come together to create positive change for our community."
"We welcome the newest members to our board and appreciate the investment of their time and talent in United Way," and Tracie Fowler, President and CEO of United Way of Southeast Mississippi. "I look forward to working with Jaclyn and all the boards member as we strive to improve the health, education and economic mobility of every person in our community."
Our new board members join current board members:
- Allen Anderson, Anderson’s Design Center
- Katie Anthony, The University of Southern Mississippi
- Jaclyn Baylis, Citizens National Bank
- Chase Blankenship, The First
- Celeste Brown, Southern Mississippi Planning & Development District
- Jana Causey, Pearl River Community College
- Phyllis Chambers-Berry, Forrest General Hospital
- Ken Crumpton, Crumpton Insurance
- Jerry DeFatta, The University of Southern Mississippi Alumni Association
- Shameika Donaldson, Hattiesburg Clinic
- Bill Dyer, Hood Industries
- Jeffrey George, Mike Rozier Construction Co., City of Hattiesburg
- Shane Germany, Landry Lewis Germany Architects
- Karen Griffis, Regions
- Ryan Hinton, Hancock Whitney
- Tawnya Holliman, Mississippi State University Extension Service
- Annie Jackson, Canopy Children’s Solutions
- Frank James III, Courtyard Marriott
- Chris Miles, Combined Benefit Administrators
- Teresa Poole, William Carey University
- Corey Proctor, Forrest County
- Alexis Rutland, Visit Hattiesburg
- Adam Schraeder, ADP