Every year at this time, United Way of Southeast Mississippi offers members of the public a life-changing opportunity – one that could make all the difference for themselves, and for others.
That opportunity is presented through the United Way $100K Payday Raffle. For $100, you can buy one of the limited number of tickets available to be entered into the Payday Raffle for a chance to win $100,000.
Here are 5 really good reasons to enter the $100K Payday Raffle before it ends this Sunday:
- It’s one hundred GRAND. Imagine the possibilities! You could finally get that new car you’ve been wanting, pay off that nagging debt that’s been haunting you for years, take that long overdue vacation you deserve, not to mention the added security that kind of money brings for years to come.
- Increasing access to health care for uninsured and underinsured residents. United Way builds stronger communities where families have increased access to health care, as well as healthy foods, activities and environments, creating healthier beginnings and healthier lives. We do this through funded partnerships with local charities like The Arc of Southeast Mississippi and Fellowship Health Clinic.
- Improving and providing quality education and ensuring future success for every child in our community. This is achieved through partnerships with organizations such as DuBard School for Language Disorders, the Campaign for Grade-Level Reading, and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
- Helping Southeast Mississippi residents become more financially knowledgeable and stable. Part of our mission is to help our neighbors who need it most make ends meet without sacrificing basic needs. We partner with local agencies like RISE to equip and educate individuals struggling with their finances, and Habitat for Humanity of the Pine Belt to build houses for low income residents. We also raise awareness and educate our local community leaders and elected officials through our ALICE initiative, in an effort to inspire legislation that helps Mississippians who make too much income to qualify for welfare benefits but not enough to make ends meet.
- Supporting programs and services that aid people with immediate needs, such as food assistance and crisis relief. Our nonprofit partners Christian Services, Edward Street Food Pantry and Hope Community Collective provide hot meals and pantry foods to low income residents, as well as the elderly and individuals with disabilities.
So rest assured, when you purchase a $100 United Way Payday Raffle ticket you’re not just helping yourself; you’re helping thousands of people. And one way you can get the best chance for your buck is by getting a FREE ticket when you purchase three at one time. It’s a great way to boost your odds of winning in a drawing that already gives you better odds than the lottery.
Please consider making an investment in our community by participating in the United Way $100K Payday Raffle. But don’t wait, because tickets are only available until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 5. The drawing will take place on Thursday, March 16, at 6 p.m., at Keg & Barrel West and will air live on WDAM TV, WUSM Radio, and the United Way of Southeast Mississippi Facebook page. You do not have to be present to win.