Day of Action Mini-Grants Now Available
United Way of Southeast Mississippi (SEMS) is dedicated to the development of stronger communities. To achieve this, United Way SEMS will support innovative and collaborative service projects through the Day of Action Mini-Grant. This grant provides funding for one-time expenses and projects that have a positive impact in the community to take place during United Way's Day of Action on June 21, 2019 and/or throughout the week prior. Any organization or community group conducting a project that meets the requirements outlined below is eligible to apply for a maximum amount of $1,000.00.
Day of Action Goals & Application Alignment:
United Way SEMS Day of Action is an initiative to achieve the following goals:
- Encourage collaboration among individuals through volunteerism
- Promote the value of service and its importance in a community
- Meet critical community needs
Five grants will be awarded to organizations that meet the requirements below. Applicants with a well-developed plan that is meeting a community need, that displays collaboration and promotes the spirit of service will be prioritized.
These funds are not designed to support ongoing program expenses, sponsor annual events or fund capital campaigns. Examples of inappropriate funding requests include operating expenses, salaries and consulting fees. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must complete and submit a Day of Action Mini-Grant Application (Click here for template)
- Applications must be submitted with a detailed budget (Click here for template)
- Applicants must be meeting a community need in Forrest, Lamar, Marion and/or Perry counties.
- Applicants must consist of a team of individuals no fewer than ten (10) people.
- If funding is awarded, the total amount of funds must be utilized for project material expenses as outlined in the budget. Any leftover funds must be returned to United Way SEMS by June 30, 2019.
- Grant recipients must provide a one-page summary of the project and its benefits by June 30, 2019 with receipts.
Questions may be submitted electronically to Kari Lynn Besing at Kari@unitedwaysems.org and Stacy Ahua at S.Ahua@unitedwaysems.org. The application form and detailed budget must be submitted by May 15, 2019 at 5:00PM CST to Kari Lynn Besing at Kari@unitedwaysems.org and Stacy Ahua at S.Ahua@unitedwaysems.org. Funding decisions will be shared by May 23, 2019.