Dianne Speed of Collins with ticket number 2273 - computer donated by Owens Business Machines
Helen B. Short of Hattiesburg with ticket number 1044 - gift card to Ashley Furniture Home Store
Zeb Baucum of Soso with ticket number 4266 - gift card to Best Buy
Lindsey Topp of Jackson with ticket number 1651 - gift card to Corner Market
Special Thanks to WHLT-CBS 22 for our Home Sweet Home Raffle commercial!
About the Home
2,004 square feet of heated/cooled living area
Three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a two-car garage
Whirlpool tub in master bathroom
Covered back porch
Spacious lot size
Located in family-friendly Kingsmill subdivision next to community swimming pool
Valued at approximately $235,000!
Map to raffle home
Directions to 5 East Donnington Court: Traveling west on Highway 98, turn right on to King Road. Travel 1.7 miles, and then turn left on to West Fourth Street. Kingsmill subdivision will be on the left and right sides of the street. Turn left on to South Kingsmill. Go .2 miles and turn left on to E. Donnington Court. The house is the first on the left, directly beside the community swimming pool.
The winning ticket will be drawn Monday, April 15, 2013, at 6 p.m. on location at 5 East Donnington Court in Hattiesburg. The drawing will be announced on WDAM’s 6 p.m. news broadcast. You do not have to be present to win.
Runner-up prizes include: a new computer donated by Owens Business Machines and gift cards to Ashley Furniture Home Store, Best Buy and Corner Market.
By Mail - Mail orders had to be postmarked by April 1, 2013.
Online - The online order deadline was 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2013.
By Phone or Fax - The deadline for phone and fax orders was 5 p.m. on Friday, April 5, 2013.
In Person - The deadline to purchase your ticket at the United Way office or area banks or grocery stores was 5 p.m. on Friday, April 5, 2013.
Earn a chance to win a FREE, second ticket!
Anyone who bought a raffle ticket during an open house was entered into a drawing for a chance to win a FREE ticket. One drawing was held after each weekend and after the one week of afternoon open houses. Winners of FREE tickets were: Larry Hogue of Leakesville, Huang Ho of Hattiesburg, Kevin and Sandra Reiter of Petal, Steven and Liz Taormina of Hattiesburg, Jack and Mellie Flowers of Petal, Harold Phillips of Hattiesburg, Henry and Frances Fox of Hattiesburg, Cierra Sherman of Woodville and Sara Bryant of Hattiesburg.
And anyone who bought a ticket during HUBFEST was entered into drawings for a free ticket. We drew for a free ticket every hour beginning at noon. Those winners were: Greg Davis, Jamie Shaw, Danny and Lisa Mann, Darlene TerHuune, Charles Dawkins and Sheila Varnado.
We also held a promotion for anyone buying a ticket online during one special week. That winner was Daniel Langlois of Hattiesburg.
What Your $100 Raffle Ticket Can Do:
When you purchase a Home Sweet Home Raffle ticket, you not only get a chance to win a new $235,000 home, you also help others in our community! Your purchase will:
provide 10 hot meals for disaster victims through American Red Cross, or
send two Cub Scouts in the Scoutreach program to day camp for a week, or
provide a child with two weeks of after-school programming at The Family Y, or
feed 20 hungry people a hot meal at Christian Services, and
assist many other programs to improve our community through education, health, financial stability and support services.
Special Thanks to:
• American Insulation
• Hattiesburg American
• Hattiesburg Publishing
• Ashley Furniture Home Store
• Havard Pest Control
• Herzog CPA Company, PLLC
• Best Buy
• House Plan Zone
• Blakeney Communications
• The Impact
• Lynell Brackman
• Lamar Advertising
• Caesar Stone
• Mississippi Materials
• CampShelby Youth Challenge
• Citizens Bank
• Overhead Door of Hattiesburg
• The Citizens Bank
• Owens Business Machines
• Clear Channel Communications
• Pearl RiverValley Electric Power Association
• Coffee News
• March Pigford
• Columbia Block and Brick
• ProBuild Company, LLC
• Sears Contract Sales
• Community Bank
• Southern Brass
• Copy Cats Printing
• Stoneworks, LLC – Dana Smith
• Corner Market
• Systems 9
• Crosby’s Painting
• TSI – Perry Phillips
• The First
• WHLT – CBS22
• Grand Bank
2013 Terms and Conditions
All ticket holders understand and agree to the terms and conditions of the United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC home raffle for the benefit of United Way of Southeast Mississippi set forth herein:
• A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize as per the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Winner Notification Agreement. • The purchase and/or acceptance of a raffle ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser to all terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Winner Notification Agreement. • No one will be eligible to win who procures a ticket through a check returned for “insufficient funds” or through charge to a debit or credit card that is “declined”, “invalid”, or “stolen”. • Mailed application forms must be postmarked by Monday, April 1, 2013; faxed and phone orders must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, April 5, 2013; and online orders must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2013, to be eligible for the drawing. United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC is not responsible for applications lost in the mail. • A maximum of 5,000 tickets will be sold. If less than 2,350 tickets have been sold by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2013, the raffle will be cancelled, and each ticket holder will be refunded their purchase price, and the home will be sold on the open market. The house will be sold by United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC for reasonable fair market value, as may be determined by United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC in its sole discretion. • All ticket holders agree that the raffle ticket winner or Open Market Sale buyer will become the Grantee of the house and that the said Grantee will take the property "AS IS WHERE IS," subject only to the claims, if any, relating to the state of title to the parcel. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, the winner or purchaser will be provided by Flanagan Construction Company, the builder, with a New Home Warranty limited solely to statutory remedies set out in the Mississippi New Home Warranty Act as set forth in Sections 83-58-1 through 83-58-16 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended. The deed from United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC conveying title to the house will reflect the “AS IS WHERE IS” nature of the conveyance and standard exceptions. • Winner will be notified of winning the house by Winner Notification Agreement, to be sent via certified, return receipt U. S. mail by United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC. Winner will have 10 calendar days from the date of their receipt of the Winner Notification Agreement to accept the prize by executing and returning to United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC, the Winner Notification Agreement pursuant to the terms and conditions stated therein upon which the appropriate deed will be executed and delivered. If the executed Winner Notification Agreement is not received by United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC, within said period, the prize will be automatically forfeited and will be offered to the next runner-up in the same manner and under the same conditions above stated. No formal closing need occur and transfer of title will be accomplished by delivery of deed, which shall occur no more than 60 calendar days from the date of the winner’s acceptance of the prize as evidenced by execution of the Winner Notification Agreement and payment of all applicable federal, state, and local taxes. • Access to the house by winner will be restricted until fully and unconditionally accepted by the winner pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Winner Notification Agreement and complete delivery is made to the winner. The house remains the sole property of United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC until delivery of deed. • The winner in the United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC, raffle is subject to any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes payable due to their acceptance of their prize. The winner of the home agrees that the written determination of a licensed appraiser will be used to determine the value of the house for income tax purposes. • The winner of the house will be responsible for property taxes, assessments and insurance accruing after the date of transfer of title to the winner. • The winner of the house will be subject to all applicable zoning laws and land use regulations, including covenants and/or restrictions imposed by the Kingsmill Subdivision. • United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC reserves the right to conduct promotional activities to encourage increased ticket sales which may include (a) conducting drawings among qualified ticket purchasers for an additional ticket(s) at no extra charge, or (b) early bird ticket sales at a reduced ticket price. • United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC reserves the right to use the names, pictures, video images and relevant quotes of winner. • The $100 ticket price, payable to United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC is not deductible for federal and state income tax purposes. • Furniture and accessories in the home are for display only and not included in the prize. • Winner need not be present at the drawing to be held on Monday, April 15, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. on location at 5 East Donnington Court, Hattiesburg, Mississippi. • Participants must be twenty-one (21) years or older. • Void where prohibited by law. • The Managing Manager of United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC and the employed staff of United Way of Southeast Mississippi and their immediate family members are not eligible to purchase a raffle ticket. • Ticket sales and drawing will be verified by an independent accounting firm. • Raffle proceeds will be used to pay United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC’s administrative costs; Flanagan Construction Company’s actual cost and expenses of the house, including the cost of the parcel; all non-donated closing costs; and realtor’s commission, if any. • United Way Home Sweet Home, LLC and Flanagan Construction Company are only independent contractors of the other, and are not intended to be and should not be deemed to be operating as joint venturers, partners, principals-agents, employers-employees, or under any relationship other than that of at-arm's-length independent contractors.