Why United Way?
Giving to United Way…
- Doesn’t take much time. Let us help! We’ll be happy to coordinate an employee meeting for you.
- Is voluntary. It should not be pushed or pressured on anyone.
- Is not about the amount, but the participation. Even if your employees don’t make a lot of money, that’s okay. We’d simply like the opportunity to educate them about United Way. And no gift is too small!
- Can be done with a small workforce. We work with businesses with as few as five employees. All supporters are important!
- Is easy. When payroll deduction is available, it makes giving convenient and easier for employees to budget.
It's a Win-Win
When your organization partners with United Way, not only does the community benefit, but your employees will benefit as well.
- Your employees will learn about valuable services offered in the community through United Way’s partners.
- Your employees may already be involved with United Way programs and would like another way to show their support.
- They will feel good about themselves for giving back to their community. Also, donations to United Way are tax-deductible.
- Studies show that companies who donate to charities and engage in the community see up to a 48% increase in revenue.
Who Else is Participating?
We need you to LIVE UNITED and join dozens of other community partners in supporting United Way.
- Medical: Local hospitals and several large and small medical clinics
- Financial: Twelve local banks and credit unions
- Education: All area school districts and universities
- Service: Area utility, cable and telephone service providers
- Government: City, county, state and federal government agencies
- Retail: Department stores, grocery stores, national discount stores and local businesses
- Industry: Various manufacturing companies